[Coco] can't compile Toolshed on CygWin

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 6 11:14:45 EDT 2013

On Saturday 06 April 2013 11:12:09 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > That pull is maybe 18 months old.  Nobody ever seems to post an update
> > notice.  :(
> >
> > hg syntax to pull a new copy please?
>
> Should be posted on the site?  Otherwise I think it's been discussed on
> the list.  Gone from my fore-brain at the moment...  There's three
> things that happen when we pass 60-ish:  Your hearing goes, your
> eyesight goes and... I can't remember the third one.

Neither can I Steven.  Said by somebody who has celebrated his 39th, 39
times now.  Or as another lady said on another list, 39, with 39 years of
experience. ;-)

> >> The definitive answer will come from:
> >>
> >> $ dpkg -l | grep fuse
> >
> > gene at coyote:/opt/toolshed/doc$ dpkg -l | grep fuse
> > ii  fuse-utils
> > 2.8.1-1.1ubuntu3.1 Filesystem in USErspace (utilities)
> > ii  gvfs-fuse
> > 1.6.1-0ubuntu1build1 userspace virtual filesystem - fuse server
> > ii  libfuse2
> > 2.8.1-1.1ubuntu3.1 Filesystem in USErspace library
>
> Not quite.  You need 'libfuse-dev' also, since that has the static
> libraries and headers required for building cocofuse.
>
> $ apt-get install libfuse-dev
>

> Steve

Done.  Now the URL for the site?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Van Roy's Law:
	Honesty is the best policy - there's less competition.

Van Roy's Truism:
	Life is a whole series of circumstances beyond your control.
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.