[Coco] FHL Color Flex

Manny manney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 01:57:33 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have unearthed a disk here of FLEX 3.3. It *does* work on the Coco3; I
> booted it, and typed "cat" and got a file listing.
>
> However... It is as I suspected, track 0 of the disk is not a standard
> format (probably single-density); it returns I/O error when I try to read
> it.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to image such a disk?

Hi Bob,

I've unearthed a few links that may help (at least with specs) while
looking around for different programming languages.  When I get home
(in about 5 or 6 hours,) I'll try to remember to send them through for
you guys.

I quickly read through the specs for the how a disk is formatted with
TSC Flex, and I do seem to remember it saying that track 0 was
single-density.  Anyway, there was a good bunch of people that
followed Flex about 6 years ago that left a footprint with good
information and possibly an emulator or two that I would guess has
what you asked.

-M.