[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: I think I got taken on eBay

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Apr 6 01:38:07 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Derrick Jobidon" <djobidon at bell.net>
> Unless you use a modified basic. Print mem will report that much
> because of limitationsbof the interpreter. To test a coco3 for 512k
> under basic the easiest is to lpoke 0 with a value of your choice and
> see if it is mirrored at address &h60000 with lpeek. If it does mirror
> then you have 128k.

If the interpreter will take LPOKE (or LPEEK) without a syntax error, you've got a Coco 3.  Those items weren't in the earlier BASICs.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.
    -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)