[Coco] CoCo Ethernet

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Apr 5 16:50:25 EDT 2013

On Apr 5, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> So, how goes the construction of your idea? I'm really looking forward to a
> device that will allow me to use a Coco (if I can ever get one) to connect
> to my PC

I haven't gotten to the point where I dig out my CoCo and hook it up, but I have completed most of the modem style command parser, and have been working on the Ethernet code. (Though I admit, I have been side tracked the past few days porting my old BBS to Arduino -- but, that's what I have been using to work on the Ethernet/networking code.)

I am also now planning to do the reverse of this project as well, and have a mode where the interface will listen for incoming connections and then pass them through as serial (like those gateway programs for PC/Mac do, or the dedicated hardware boxes). This would let someone run an old RS-DOS BBS on the internet without needing an external PC acting as a gateway.

Not very exciting, but I am having fun. I hope to be having fun on a real CoCo after I get through my storage room and figure out where everything is.

		-- A