[Coco] FHL Color Flex

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 07:18:03 EDT 2013

I just put a Disk Basic 1.1 rom image file in xroar-0.28.1-w64 and booted
into DECB 1.1.  FHL Color Flex 5.0:3 booted successfully.
I was not aware FHL Color Flex was incompatible with the Coco 3.
I pulled up the FHL Color FLEX 5.04 Complete Manual and followed the
instructions for CATaloging the disk and all I got was DISK ERROR #9.
XRroar-0.29.4-w64 is incompatible with FHL Color Flex 5.0:3.  Something got
broke in the update.  I had to use XRoar-0.28.1-w64 before FHL Color Flex
would accept the date properly.  Now I need to overcome the Disk Error #9
which is probably a Drives Not Ready Error.
In Flexemu, if I get the DIR or CAT command wrong, the DRIVES NOT READY
error is displayed.  DIR,0 or CAT,0 or SDIR,0 works great in Flexemu.
Flexemu is great!  Thanks again Willi for helping to get me up and running
with Flex 9.1 in Flexemu.  You're the Flex man. Anyone who is interested in
Flex should check out the Flex9 Yahoo Group Willi setup.  It is a repository
of Software for Flex9 and Flexemu.  I hope this will help someone else who
wants to play with Color Flex 5.0 and Flex 9.1.  Thanks again guys for the
help.
Kip