[Coco] Adapting a V9958 64-pin Chip to fit a Solderless Breadboard

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 02:48:56 EDT 2013

Luis,
I have some disappointing news for you my friend.
The advertised chip in that ad is exactly the same chip I received.  All
markings on my chip exactly match the markings in that ad.
Trust me, that is not a dip64 chip.  It is an sdip64 chip which stands for
"shrink dip".  The pins are closer together.  They are spaced 0.07" apart.
The pins are not spaced 0.1" apart.  Even the advertiser is the same.
I don't think a dip64 version exists, unfortunately.  I wish it did.
The Technical data book only mentions a shrink dip version of the chip at
the very beginning of the document.  It's a very interesting chip, I just
need to interface to it somehow.  Thanks for the heads up though.  It was an
excellent try.  The title of that ad is what lead me to read it too and
ultimately buy it.  If you want a dip64 version of this chip, this is not
it.
Kip