[Coco] RS-232 Pak Back to Stock

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Apr 4 09:51:53 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:37:22PM -0400, John E. Bielak wrote:

> On 4/3/2013 10:08 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >On Wednesday 03 April 2013 22:01:32 John E. Bielak did opine:
> >
> >>I picked up a deluxe RS-232 pak thats somewhat modified that I'm trying
> >>to put back to stock.
> >>
> >>The changes:
> >>- The ROM has been cut out
> >Leave that as it, its far more useful w/o it.
> Yes, that seems to be the overwhelming consensus... though I'll drop
> a socket in there anyway.

Good call on the socket.  I have permission to release images for the
modified MON09 that I use for remote software development (i.e. develop
on the PC, execute on the CoCo), and that runs on the Deluxe RS232
Pak (and clones, like Roger Taylor's Bluetooth-enabled version).
I find it very handy to use.

I guess this is a pre-announcement of that -- I haven't made the
necessary preparations for the release yet!  Anyway, it is something
to keep in mind... :-)

John