[Coco] RS-232 Pak Back to Stock

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Apr 3 23:58:57 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM, John E. Bielak <j.bielak at comcast.net>wrote:

> I haven't really used a MPI much, so forgive the noob question, but will
> jumping all the 8 pins potentially cause any conflicts/problems between
> other paks? (Drive, sound, other RS-232 based devices like the CoCoPak
> drive, etc.)

I think it would only cause a problem if you had an auto-starting Rompack
like a game in a slot other than the one selected by the selector switch.
The cartridge in the selected slot, if any, would try to start up.  I might
be misremembering about this.  (The auto-start is easy to defeat by taping
over a pin in any case.)

Art