[Coco] Xroar and tape emulation

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 2 19:44:26 EDT 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Ciaran Anscomb <cocomalt at 6809.org.uk> wrote:
> Hmm, yes, XRoar's approach isn't very good for that case (though it's
> alright for the "load a program off one tape, same data out to another"
> case).
>
> I'll stick it on the list to consider a better interface for this sort
> of thing.

At the very least, a way to flush the tape to disk without having to exit the program or load another tape file... Maybe there is a way?

I have not used Xroar enough to know how the cassette emulation works yet, but in real life, we had to swap out cassette tapes if we wanted to write to a different one, and make a note of the counter if we were going to fast forward to a program to load it quicker.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf