[Coco] Xroar and tape emulation

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 2 15:02:21 EDT 2013

Crap. I forgot why I was posting that.

The cassette emulation was tricky, since I needed to effectively rewind and reuse a tape as I moved from EDITOR to ALLRAM. Xroar made this difficult. I could ^W mount a writeable .CAS file, and save out the message base, but I couldn't ^L load it since it was still a 0K file. I had to create a temporary ^W writeable .CAS file, then it would flush out the other, then I could ^L load it and use it. I had to repeat this step if I wanted to save the data back to the same tape.

Is there a better way? Some emulator I saw years ago acted like a real tape drive, and you could just reset the counter or rewind it.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.