[Coco] Becker Port Specifications?

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Mon Apr 1 13:15:55 EDT 2013

Tony,

The Becker Port was originally designed for a easy interface in the
CoCo3FPGA projects to talk to the DriveWire server.  From what I understand
the CoCo3FPGA has a serial port on it which is used via this Becker Port
interface.

First known emulator to use the Becker Port officially is xroar. The first
emulator to use it that I know of that was never released to the public was
VCC.  Now as far as MESS goes I do not believe they ever added the Becker
Port support.  Now MESS did have a special patch to a really old source
archive to add a special port that then you could use via special NitrOS-9
dw.sb driver.

Hope this answers your question Tony.