[Coco] Sound Chaser Upate!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 03:43:14 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
Well here it is, the second Beta Release of SOUND CHASER!!
For those of you who didn't try it last time, and even those that did, here's a run-down of Sound Chaser's features:
Sound Chaser is a Multi-Format music player for OS9/NitrOS9 that lists and plays 4 different (soon to be 7) formats of color Computer music.
Current music formats supported:

Ultimuse - full support
Musica - Full support, Also plays in VCC and other emulators
Standard Midi Files - Full support but has memory limitations
Lyra - Full support but has a bad timing bug I'm working on

Formats in production:(coming soon to a Coco near you)

Bells & Whistles 2
Orchestra 90/CC
MOD Files (as in Coco Tracker)
Sound Samples (all types)
Music+
Studio Works

Full Drivewire support!

A Database of up to 500 songs!!
 These songs must be in a single directory, so Hard Dirve or VHD is almost a must, but disk users can view as many songs as will fit on a disk. You will need 2 drives, one for system and one for music.
All files scrollable on the main screen!

A unique "selection" system for selecting music files then playing them in the order of selection with a feature packed selection menu/window.

Currently supports Serial Midi, Drivewire Midi, User /MIDI drivers & Speech Systems' MidiPak for Midi format files.
6-Bit DAC, Stereo 8-bit Orch90 cart, Speech Systems' Stereo Pak for wavetable music ala Musica.

Easy menu selection of drivers and formats, Easy Directory selection, Change Monitor types, Search engine (coming soon)
And much more coming

Plus, I've included 2 80trk disks of music of all types.

!!!!PLEASE READ THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE RUNNING!!!!

Just click the 1st link below to go to the webpage or the 2nd link to download directly.

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/sound-chaser

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23059963/Sound%20Chaser/SoundChaser%20Beta%201.2.zip

The documentation is supplied as a ".txt" document for PC , An MS Word doc, as well as a Coco text ".doc" file on the CMDS disk.

Please give me feedback on what you think, bugs and/or suggestions.
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com