[Coco] DRAGON TANO Arrived

Ken H. dragon.atv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:37:18 EDT 2012

The Dragon with an FD-502 works fine with 3.5" drives without any patching
required.
You can still find these drives quite easily.
On the Dragon  3.5" disks can be formatted as 40 tracks or 80 tracks, DSDD
- up to 720K. You can use the OmniFlop software to copy disk images using a
PC.
If you can only get HD floppy media, you need to tape over the HD hole so
the disk will be treated as a double density disk.

Even better, you can get the hxc floppy emulator. This cool device emulates
dual floppy drives through a single SD card.
I got it and it works great with both the Dragon and CoCo3, both under
DragonDos, RSDOS and OS9.
Unlike drivewire or SuperIDE, your computer thinks its talking to a real
floppy disk, so no driver changes are required.

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html#SDCARDFloppyemulator