[Coco] [COCO] ATX to CoCo3 conversion

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:09:47 EDT 2012

I did this with a (I think) 150w ATX ps from an HP computer to power
everything (CoCo, MPI, floppy disks, VGA converter and fans) in my
repack project - http://tandycoco.com/blog/ (which is now basically dead
since I sold it last year when money got tight). I used this website:
http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Computer-ATX-Power-Supply-to-a-Lab-Power-Supply
to rewire it for use as a 'lab power supply'. Then I used Frank's
'Tandy's Little Wonder' book to figure out what modifications needed to
be done to the CoCo and MPI and where to connect the required voltages
to make them all work. The hardest part I had trouble finding was a 10
watt resistor...

Good luck,

Brian