[Coco] [COCO] ATX to CoCo3 conversion

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Tue Sep 25 02:34:47 EDT 2012

Actually yes in this area they dismantle the equipment for recycling
and send it out quickly here.

As far as a load I think I can easily hit 2 to 3A on the +12V and 2 to
4A on the +5V.  Sadly wouldn't be any load on the +3.3V.  Though I
probably can get another 1A on the +12V just from adding some cooling
fans to the case.

My friends system he has a (2) 5.25" floppy, (1) 3.5" floppy, Syquest
44MB SCSI, Syquest 88MB SCSI, and a 240MB Apple branded SCSI drives
and those should give a good load right there for both the +12V and
+5V lines.

If I really need +3.3V load I can probably wire up some LED's and
resisters for the right mA ratings to get that going on both my system
and his.

Though I figure we as a large group of CoCo uses are always tasked
with trying to make newer hardware usable on the CoCo anyway.  I
figured trying to figure out a good way to use a ATX PS in place of
the old AT PS project a good one :D