[Coco] Drvewire USB 2 Serial question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Sep 18 16:59:19 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012 16:44:59 Bruce W. Calkins did opine:

Just one more reason to blacklist the things, Bruce.  Point being, that the
device claims it meets the USB spcs for the device class it claims to be.
This is an orange book standard, so our folks wrote the driver to exactly
that standard.  It turns out that it is not orange book std, and coming
from prolific, quite likely never will be.

I actually had a copy of that, at version 1.2, which seems to have grown
legs and went off to hide about 3 years ago, and when I went to the site,
it is now behind a paywall of about $5000 to join the "Consortium".  Like
that is going to happen before the rapture.

We've had several people watch them with bus analyzers, caught it behaving
badly, but complaints to prolific with the trace are apparently sent to
/dev/null.  I could, at this point care less, but then I'd have to actually
make an effort to not care.  I have better things to give my care to. :)

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Fain would I climb, yet fear I to fall.