[Coco] Coco and Modern Printers

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Sep 17 10:34:12 EDT 2012

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:28:15 -0500
From: Christopher Hawks<chawks at dls.net>

It would be difficult to build anything for $35 that could work nearly
so nicely for printing alone, much less all the other things DW4 can
do and all the other things the Pi can do.

  Thanks for the confirmation Aaron! I was hoping that the Pi would work for DW4.

  A $35 DW4 server_hidden_  _inside_  my CoCo!! (Cant' wait!!)

If you can't fit the Pi in the CoCo itself, it would be easy to stick it in a ROM cartridge and stick it in the cartridges slot -- just a blank or cut off card edge in the slot to hold it in. Should be room under the keyboard for the Pi though... I've seen 2.5" hard drives mounted under there!

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine