[Coco] Coco and Modern Printers

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Sep 14 22:03:32 EDT 2012

Adding a cartridge with a USB port is not that difficult to do. The problem of interfacing to
various printers is a driver would need to be written. HP has their own PCL language. As
subset of that could be implemented in a driver. Then there is Cannon, Epson, Kodak and
how many others.

Text and black and white maybe the easiest to implement. There was once some talk of
using a USB host chip from Cypress. That was centered more around using a USB host for
keyboard and mouse and not so much for a printer.

james