[Coco] Terminal program for 16K non-ECB coco?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Sep 8 00:44:19 EDT 2012

Your best bet might be something in a ROMpack, to avoid the hassle of
having to load it in from cassette.  Radio Shack released a few such,
though the capabilities are very rudimentary, but you say you don't
need anything fancier.  I'd recommend the RS232 Pak, which also has
hardware that permits operation at higher speeds.  Many people
just get it for the hardware, in fact, and disable the built-in ROM
software in favor of using the hardware capabilities of the Pak with
more advanced software.  Color Compac is another rudimentary
communications Rompack released by the Shack.  There were some
third-party Rompacks too, with much better software, though they are
probably difficult to find nowadays, such as Colorcom/E.

Art