[Coco] Coco Monitor Question

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Sep 6 20:39:38 EDT 2012

Cloud-9 carries the cables. I got the one that works with the Commodore
1084 series monitors. It worked perfectly on the CM-5 (RGB) as well. To
work on the RGB connection of the 1084, I needed to add a male to male DB9
plug because the terminating end of the cable was female, which worked
directly with the CM-5's built-in cable, which has a male end (the 1084S
has a female port). It worked fine after that. Keep in mind, there are
several different models of the 1084 (I have three different ones myself).
Some have a round RGB connector, some have a square connector like the
CM-5. Two of my three 1084 monitors have the square connector. Anyway, I
have my CoCo 3 connected to the 1084S both over RGB and composite. The
former for when I want RGB colors and the latter when I want the color
blending (bleeding) that composite offers (similar to RF, but less
interference). I just press the button on the back of the 1084S to switch
between the two modes at any time. The 1084S really is one of the best
classic style monitors because it's so versatile...

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and