[Coco] Mutiipack

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:22:29 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Luis Fernández wrote:

> Hello friends
> I need to understand some things.
> The Grey multipack can connect to the coco 1, 2 or 3
> The white multipack coconut can connect to the 1, 2 or 3
> 26-3029 controller can be used in the coco2 or 3? I think not
> The controller DISK DRIVE FD-500 can be used in coco1, and can use gray disk drives?

All MultiPaks will work with all CoCos, but an upgrade may be needed
to use them with a CoCo3.  The older model (like the grey) needs only
a new PAL chip. The later model requires a more complicated upgrade.

All of the Tandy floppy controllers will also work with all CoCos.
However, the earliest model (26-3022) requires a 12 volt supply and
therefore requires either a MultiPak or 12v external power to be used
with a CoCo 2 or 3.

Darren