[Coco] GIME text modes and font data

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 4 07:15:44 EDT 2012

On 4/09/2012 12:00 PM, John Kent wrote:

I have what I believe is a fully-functional 6847 in my FPGA Coco (1) design
(which I still haven't gotten around to 'officially' releasing since I have
a few niggly bugs with the Coco emulation...). It can output both composite
(15kHz) and VGA (31kHz) video as it has an internal line buffer.

The internal clock is fixed (14M318Hz) - different resolutions are achieved
by simply increasing/reducing the number of bits per pixel. So there's no
clock division per-say within the device, though I do latch data and shift
rather than re-sample every clock where possible.

Regards,