[Coco] : GIME text modes and font data

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Sep 3 16:42:56 EDT 2012

On 3 Sep 2012 at 13:56, William Astle wrote:

> My question was simple. Where does the font data come from when the GIME
> is displaying a hardware text mode.

If by font data you mean character generator ROM then in hardware that is in the GIME chip.
In an emulator that would have to be some file that the emulator has to access whether
included in the ROM file or another I do not know that.

As for the actual COCO3 there is a block of 8K that stores the data that is used by the GIME
to access and display. That is in RAM. In graphics mode to create text there is a table at:

F09D F39C HIGH RESOLUTION SOFTWARE CHARACTER GERNERATOR 'ROM'.

is this what you want?

james