[Coco] OT: Hurricane Sandy

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 16:26:47 EDT 2012

Be safe Art, I didn't know you were in Sandy's path or I'd been checking on you too. Been keeping in contact with Gene since it started. I live in Wilmington NC, right in the hurricane catcher's mitt. I've been through David, Diana, Bertha, Bonnie, Fran, Irene, Floyd and others. Lost power for almost a month after Bonnie, 2 weeks with Fran, was flooded with 3 feet of water after Floyd and had to evacuate for almost 2 months. So I know exactly what everyone is going through. I was hoping the whole time I was monitoring the storm that it would take a turn out to sea at the last minute, but that cold front wouldn't let it. A good friend of mine was in New Jersey but luckily, she got to Pen. before the storm hit. She's afraid her apartment which had ocean view, isn't even there anymore. I'm hoping for her that it just flooded at the most as she lived on an upper floor. At least that way, she wouldn't lose everything. I spent a week after Floyd going up and down my road in a boat, rescuing the neighborhood animals and helping people recover stuff from their homes. When we finally came home to clean up, we had 7 dogs and 5 cats who had taken up at my house. No one ever claimed them so we found them good homes. I think finally, people are starting to take these storms seriously. They are no joke and deadly. Not to mention the property damage and loss.

So to all of you who were in the storm's path...
Be safe and our prayers are with you
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com