[Coco] Os9 Intercept

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 12:05:45 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: William Astle <lost at l-w.ca>
To: coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am
Subject: Re: [Coco] Os9 Intercept

On 12-10-30 09:35 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> You know, I've been so caught up trying to get printf to work, most other
options have been forgotten :-)
> I guess I need to run the guantlet of all the different output commands and
find one that works the way I want. I just don't understand why the buffers are
not emptied after the command completes in the first place. To print to screen,
flush should never be needed.

< < It's common behaviour for stdout to be line buffered in stdio (and
< < sometimes it's fully buffered, depending on the output device and
< < operating system). A proper stdio has a call that will turn off
< < buffering on the specified stream (can't remember what it is offhand
< < though). fflush() should also force stdio to flush its buffers so printf
< < followed by fflush should have a similar effect. Note that all of this
< < happens in the user process so the buffering behaviour of the underlying
< < operating system devices does not affect this.

I'm flushing almost every line I print.
The problem seems to be most apparent when using CWArea. It just doesn't flush.
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Bill Pierce