[Coco] Os9 Intercept

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 30 12:03:17 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 11:50:54 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Gene, the only problem with "puts" is it automatically adds a CR. This
> is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I have text lines I want to hang
> right were they are with no CR making the screen scroll. Good example
> is a status area at the bottom of the screen using only 2 lines for the
> CWArea. Using puts, anything I write to the 2nd line, scrolls the 1st
> line off the screen.
>
> Bill P

That sounds like a problem, because the cr is treated as the implicit
FFlush signal IIRC. About the only way I can think of at this late date is
the "echo -n text" but I'd think in a C program that would be described as
clumsy, and that is being kind.

Since you control the length of the string using puts, what happens if you
declude the cr when setting how much it writes?  OTOH, I haven't carved any
C since I put PF out to pasture when the ribbon supply for my big xerox DWP
went dry. Circa 15 or more years back up the log.  To say my wet ram is
rusty is being kind. :(

> Music from the Tandy/Radio Shack Color Computer 2 & 3
> Bill Pierce
> ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
As the trials of life continue to take their toll, remember that there
is always a future in Computer Maintenance.
		-- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"