[Coco] CoCo / Dragon emulators with debugger ?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 09:48:54 EDT 2012

On 26/10/2012 14:25, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 26/10/2012 11:15 PM, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
>
>> Do any of the known CoCo or Dragon emulators have a built in debugger
>> that
>> can single step machine code in rom / ram ? I know MESS can but I was
>> looking for something more specific, preferably opensource.
>
> "Something more specific"? What does that mean? I've used MESS dozens of
> times on dozens of platforms, including the Coco, what more do you want?

More specific to the CoCo / Dragon rather than a generic emulator.

Mess is all fine and good but I don't like the way the project has gone,
I've updated the CoCo/Dragon emulation in there a few times but ended up
having the changes undone seemingly at random by some other developer.

I could I suppose use an older version that still has the windows
interface / menus, but I simply find the new interface to be frankly
clumsy for mounting / un-mounting (for example)  images with the
emulator running.

I'm trying to debug the DragonMMC interface software / firmware which is
sometimes much easier to do in an emulator where you can suspend the
emulation, single step etc.

Cheers.

Phill.