[Coco] apparently an incomplete errmsg file

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 25 14:42:01 EDT 2012

On Thursday 25 October 2012 14:33:27 Chris Hawks did opine:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:20:48 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 October 2012 19:12:23 Gene Heskett did opine:
> > > Greetings everybody running nitros9;
> > >
> > > I'm trying to put together a boot floppy for nitros9 level 3.
> > >
> > > I can get it to go so far as displaying the module list on the boot
> > > screen, but it only gets as far as the i2xto*]
> > >
> > > AIUI, that ] is the error code, and is ascii 93.  Unforch, my errmsg
> > > file does not define an error 93, so it would have to be a recent
> > > addition.
> > >
> > > Anybody have a clue what the heck an error 93 actually is?
> >
> > Doh!  Add $80, get 221, module not found.  Now, if we just had a clue
> > WHAT module wasn't found.  Sigh.  That boot contains every module
> > that a working right now level2 with dw boot contains, just
> > re-arranged to fit the level3 idea of Alan DeKok's layout.
> >
> > I am wondering if, despite his putting all the scf descriptors into
> > normal memory, the dw related stuff needs to be in the scf memory.
> > Next test I guess...
> >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Cheers, Gene
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Gene:
>
> 	According to the boot explaination (attached w/ unix EOLs), It
> looks like it can't open the console.
>
> i means is about to link to the Init module
> 2 means krnp2 has started
> x means it is about to chd to the system device
> (t is printed because F$Boot was called again)
> o means it is about to open the console
> * means an error occured (in this case, couldn't open the console)

Got one for you Chris Hawks: (the keeper of the boot msg decoder file)

ix2ttot*j

This is from a floppy boot disk of L2 with dw that I just made.
Theoretically identical to the hard drive boot I'm running but with
boot_1773 in the boottrack, and the repo adjusted so that any file with
6309 code in it, is now identified as a tylg and atrv reflecting that it is
native 6309 code.  We aren't too sure about the clock module as we've been
trying to sort some 6309 code in it that wasn't switched out for 6809's
too.

Ideas?  looks like it may even be in a loop of some sort but that is a only
a WAG.

Thanks Chris.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
A man does not look behind the door unless he has stood there himself.
		-- Du Bois