[Coco] os-9 cc errors

Harry Hurst hhos at st-tel.net
Wed Oct 24 23:55:19 EDT 2012

> hi,
>
> i'm trying to use the C compiler for nitrOs-9 but it is stupid cause
> it floods the screen with compiling errors and I don't see any option
> to either stop at first error or to pause the screen. so I can't see
> where is the first error. Even cc code.c > out doesn't work cause the
> errors are not piped !
>
> how do you do it guys ?

Redirecting output for nitrOS9 should be the same as for OS9, I think. The
command modifier for redirecting error output is ">>". So, "cc code.c >>
out" should produce a text file named "out" which will contain all the
errors.

Here is a list of redirects I have:
    <    standard input is redirected
    >    standard output is redirected
    >>   standard error output is redirected
    <>   standard input and standard output are redirected
    <>>  standard input and standard error output are redirected
    >>>  standard output and standard error output are redirected
    <>>> all of the above are redirected

When redirecting standard input you would put the input source ahead of
the modifier like:
     "text < utility"

HH