[Coco] About the tylg (type language) ident report

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Oct 23 16:58:06 EDT 2012

I've just realized that our current use of ident to report a 6809 vs 6309 module
is essentially useless for the NitrOS-9 project. The reason for this is that the
asm files used to build the project do not include a variable for language. The
result is that a module such as IOMAN which can be built for both 6809 and 6309
systems will always give an ident report as a 6809 module.

Does anyone care about this? It could be corrected but would require a large
amount of work on the NitrOS-9 project and the results could still be confusing.

If a correction were to be made and I am not volunteering, each .asm in the
project would need to be checked for the presence of 6309 code and when present
the following added to the asm file.

	ifne H6309
tylg	set	Systm+Obj6309
	else
tylg	set	Systm+Objct
	endif

You should not do this when 6309 code is not present or all programs in a 6309
package would be labeled 6309 even if no such code were present.