[Coco] Unreliable Coco3

Harry Hurst hhos at st-tel.net
Mon Oct 22 15:10:20 EDT 2012

I once had an intermittent problem with one of my CoCo3s' cartridge port.
It proved to be cold solder joints on the connector. If I understand the
situation correctly, you also have occasional problems with game
cartridges? This would explain it. To fix it you need only heat the
connections up until a little bit of solder melts on the pin(s) with bad
connections. I would recommend that you warm each one up a bit, if this is
in fact the problem you're experiencing.

HH