[Coco] Dual boot

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 09:20:03 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm working on a Coco prorgam for Drivewire, and I need to check to see if I get the same DW results on different platforms.
So, I was wondering, does any of you guys dual boot Vista & Linux. The last time I went through this, I had to fix my boot track to be able to get back into Vista and I was wondering if they had that straightened out. I would imagine so, when I last tried was right after Vista came out and there hadn't been enough time for a new boot installer to be developed.
Now, which Linux system is easiest to insall and has the most hardware support? I just want to be up and running with Drivewire so I can boot into Linux to check results there.

I'm running an AMD quad-core 1800mhz(/4)
4 gig ram
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics 256 meg (onboard)
Realtek High Definition Audio (needed for checking)
M-Audio Delta 1010 Multi-Chan Audio Interface (I doubt any Linux supports this yet, not important... yet)
650 Gig SATA HD
1.5 T External USB HD (3 partitions... this I need access to)

I need a quick and easy Linux install that will not interrupt my Vista install. (I have a free partition for the Linux install)

Also, is there anyone using a Mac with Drivewire & a real Coco3? I may need a beta tester for that platform.

Thankx
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com