[Coco] nitros9 level3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 20 21:41:37 EDT 2012

On Saturday 20 October 2012 21:29:02 Lothan did opine:

> From: Gene Heskett
>
> > And the first thing I run into is that ALL the defs have been renamed,
> > so a
> > make dsk in level3/coco3_6309 goes completely stark raving
> > blitherfousy. However it appears the level1 and level 2 coco_6309
> > stuff at least builds, using mamou.
>
> This is what I've done to get a working build on Ubuntu 12:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/files/ToolShed/ToolShed%202.0/
>
> Download toolshed_2.0_linux.tar.gz from the link above and extract
> everything to a bin folder in your path, such as /bin, /usr/bin, ~/bin,
> or whatever. What this one, I can build the entire nitros9 tree without
> any errors. At least I've run make clean, make dsk, make dskcopy, etc.
> and haven't seen any errors yet.

I've had that installed for about 2, maybe 3 years, works fine.  I put that
stuff in an /opt directory and add it as the first path in my PATH env
variable.  Stick that addition into both your username and /etc/bashrc's

> I did downloaded the Toolshed source, but I can't get it build because
> it can't find fuse.h.

That should be in the fuse-devel package.

> I have no idea where to obtain that file at the
> moment. I thought it was from the Fuse stack (Filesystem in Userspace),
> but I already have that installed and it doesn't seem to have a fuse.h
> file. This is when I backed out to find the pre-built binaries and
> found they worked fine, although the pre-built binaries are about 4
> years old.
>
> > But it appears that copy -r may have a src date to target date
> > problem.
> >
> > All the stuff in the MODULES tree, a tree I created not more than 10
> > days ago from scratch, including the z stuff Aaron has been working
> > on, carry dates, which are correct in the dsk image, but as installed
> > in my /dd/bootmaker-stf tree by dsave, have file creation dates just
> > short of 2 years old, or even older, like
> >
> >  0  2004/08/04 13:18  ----r-wr 718 2D1 lltc3.dr !
> >
> > My clock here is ntp set, milliseconds from WWV in Boulder Co., and my
> > coco's clock, which has not been set in yonks, says
> > {t2|08}/DD/bootmaker-stf:date -t
> >
> > October 20, 2012  14:26:46
> >
> > Nominally 10 minutes slow.  My TC^3 has an rtc I haven't set in at
> > least a year.  I reset it just now, but that doesn't explain the old
> > dates in view of the observation that this whole /opt/nitros9 tree on
> > my drive carries a date -t (ls -l) of about an hour ago, when I
> > pulled it.
> >
> > The dates in the just built and dw re-mounted .dsk are correct.
> >
> > This could make version tracking on my coco's drive into a cast iron
> > nightmare.  How can we fix this?
>
> I've never used Drivewire, so I'm not sure where the timestamp issue is
> coming from.

You are missing out on some fun.  For instance:
{t2|08}/DD:dir -e /x0

 Directory of /x0  2012/10/20 21:34

Owner  Last modified   Attributes Sector Bytecount Name
----- ---------------- ---------- ------ --------- ----
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  ------wr      13      706A OS9Boot
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  d-ewrewr      85       A20 CMDS
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  d-ewrewr      8E       1C0 SYS
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  d-ewrewr      97       100 DEFS
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  --e-rewr      A0       200 sysgo
   0  2012/10/20 13:40  ----r-wr     570        D4 startup
   0  2012/10/20 13:51  d-ewrewr     572        60 NITROS9

That directory listing of /x0 came from a .dsk image I built in a mercurial
pull of the latest repo earlier today.  It _looks_ like a disk, but is in
fact a .dsk file here on my linux box.  And it is read AND write, from the
coco keyboard, or from this keyboard which is logged into /t2 on the coco3
in the basement.  Thats just one of the drivewire tricks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There are no threads in a.b.p.erotica,  so there's no  gain in using a
threaded news reader.
(Unknown source)