[Coco] Update announce for gsort

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 20 00:59:41 EDT 2012

On Saturday 20 October 2012 00:31:14 Richard E. Crislip did opine:

> <snip>
>
> > Makes you want to shoot the neighbors cat(s), its so frustrating.
>
> <snip>
>
> Now what did that cat ever do to you? 8-) I am sure that CoCo Cat would
> not be happy.

Sorry Richard, but this neighborhood is positively overrun with cats, none
of which bear any resemblance to the CoCo Cat, or even Lonnie's office cat
which I met a couple times.

These cats tend to exemplify the theme that they are royalty and nobody
owns them. I may be to only meanie that doesn't keep a bowl of fresh water
and another of cat food out for them. Several others do, so they are in
zero danger of going hungry or thirsty.

However, I don't go out of my way to thin the crowd except for the really
mean ones. Dee had 'adopted' & tried to house break an old black short
haired pussy, 10+ years old according to the vet, which had apparently been
fixed way back, so she wasn't the least interested in the toms around.  One
of them took out his frustration on her and took a slice of her backstrap
about an inch long out.  Dee scooped her up & took her to the vet & he
sewed her up, but that tom 'disappeared' a few weeks later. The vet bill
was $140 for that trip & never under $100 just for the annual checkup that
Dee thought she needed every fall.  We finally had her put down about 6
months back, her teeth were falling out & she had to be pushing 20 yo, but
the house still smells.

One thing we haven't had a problem with for several years since the cats
moved in, is those big Norway River Rats we used to feed $50 worth of DeCon
to a year, so maybe they are doing some good.  I'm only 2 blocks & change
from the West Fork River where I assumed they came from.  Those things were
a foot long and over a pound, big rats.  We've also had a visiting
copperhead a time or two, old growth tall, un-maintained timber, 50 acres
or so less than a block away.