[Coco] Nother question, deldir in a script this time

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 18 16:39:25 EDT 2012

On Thursday 18 October 2012 16:21:50 Retro Canada did opine:

> dw will work fine without scdwn

Which I may have to remove, as nuking covdg didn't gain me a byte of
memory.

Sitting at the keyboard working on that (and GSort too since dirsort
doesn't clean up as well as GSort does) made me think of the next utility
we need.  The boot module for the hardware of choice gets the address and
size of the OS9Boot file from LSN0's DD.BT and DD.SIZ, not from a directory
entry.  Currently my LSN0 has that pointed at the actual first byte of that
file, where ever, as in which vdisk it is located in, and current set to
vdisk 128 + the offset to that file.

So after we say goodbye this evening to an old teacher friend who passed
Tuesday, I may get started on a utility called vboot that takes a decimal
argument and edits the /dd LSN0 to point it at the correct vdisk image.
Like if I have a stripped boot on vdisk-129, and a full dw boot on
vdisk-130, I can boot my choice by issuing a vboot 129, reboot, or a vboot
130;reboot, greatly simplifying how we can change boot profiles.

Doesn't this sound like a much more quickly usable thing to do rather than
rebooting back to hdbdos, finding link.bas and running that to do the same
thing?

Comments plz.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)