[Coco] A good OS9 utility for Gene

Thu Oct 18 13:37:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

Please send this to the Devil, it is an candidate for my add on NitrOS-9
disk.

If you have a doc page for it, that would also be good.

mailto:SFischer666 at Mindspring.com

Remember, keep those cards and letters coming kids.

SHF

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Pierce" <ooogalapasooo at aol.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:56 AM
Subject: [Coco] A good OS9 utility for Gene

Gene, and anyone else that's interested..

I have a utility that I've used since the late 80s. It's "almost" exactly
like ded but with a few command changes. It's called "med". It will edit a
module (ded style) in memory. I don't think it cares if the moduleis in use
or not. Instead of ded'ing the OS9boot, I use med and then cobbler a new
boot, eliminating backing up the old boot etc. In a lot of cases, it saves
me a lot of time. Yes, when you want to change one byte in a descriptor in
your os9boot, ded is the tool. But when making a new boot and you need to
say... change names of a mod, med works great.

I've never seen this file mentioned here or anywhere else for that matter,
then or now. I'm not sure, but I want to say this file came from a download
of lzh of some of Kevin Darling's stuff from a Raleigh, NC BBS (downloaded
in the late 80s) which was Kevin's home and also the host for the local CC
club that Kevin was member (Pres?).

  Anyway, this file is one useful little tool.

Hope it helps someone sometime..
Bill P