[Coco] Dual boot OS-9 CF image

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 18 11:24:37 EDT 2012

On Thursday 18 October 2012 11:19:13 Retro Canada did opine:

> great i will try this later. It will save such as 600 hundred bytes,
> not that much, but byte per byte we can get there.
>
> so the bit set is the end of string ? I didn't know that and i didn't
> understand why on windows hex editor it showed different name. Good to
> know
correction, so the MSbit, d7, is set.  ded fwiw strips that in the right
hand text display, so you can stay in the hex mode and fix that by
exploring whats displayed when you enter C9 etc for that byte.

The linux hex editor is also guilty of that sin when playing with names so
the winderz version doesn't need to feel unique.