[Coco] Nother question, deldir in a script this time

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 18 00:19:53 EDT 2012

Specifically, how can I pass deldir the d character so when its in a script
it doesn't interpret the next line of the script as garbage and abort.

I've tried deldir name <d with and without the <, but I've not put the d by
itself on the next line.

Even though I can't format a floppy, not quite enough contiguous free
memory I guess, I have managed to build a boot disk on a floppy, that when
backed up to /sh, boots the system from the hard drive with the new
bootfile.

Nitros9's backup is funkity doing that however, when it gets to the end of
the floppy at sector 276, it starts reporting disk ID change for non-
existent sectors beyond 276, and has essentially crashed, stuck in a loop.
When it got to 282 I hit the reset button & it booted right back up. Using
the new bootfiles.

Unforch, the few /n descriptors I was able to pull out of the bootlist, did
not free enough memory to format a floppy. OTOH, I am now booting from the
hard drive WITH dw enabled.  I think that could be called progress, but no
capitals please. ;-)

Thanks all who might know something about deldir in a script.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Death to all fanatics!