[Coco] cowin vs cogrf question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Oct 17 14:54:42 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 17 October 2012 14:44:43 Retro Canada did opine:

> I recently made a lot of level 2 boots for superIDE. It was on trial
> and error as usual.
>
> With CoGRF on level 2 you get all W to W15 windows 80/40 columns but
> you can't run multivue.
>
> To get the V1 to V4 32 columns you need CoVDG.
>
> To run multivue you need CoWIN. But CoWIN cannot coexists with CoVDG
> or you get a memory overflow.

Humm, they can't co-exist?  Maybe thats where some of my memory is going.

{t2|08}/DD/NITROS9/dw3install/6309L2/MODULES/SCF:mdir

   Module Directory at 14:34:01
REL         Boot        Krn         KrnP2       KrnP3       IOMan
Init        RBF         rbdw3       dw3         X0          X1
RBSuper     lltc3       DD          S1          SH          rb1773
D0          D1          D2          SCF         VTIO        KeyDrv
SndDrv      JoyDrv      CoWin       CoVDG       sc6551      Term
W           W1          W2          W3          W4          W7
scdwn       N           N1          N2          N3          N4
N5          N6          N7          MIDI        t2          scdwp
p           PipeMan     Piper       Pipe        Clock       Clock2
GrfDrv      Shell       Date        DeIniz      Echo        Iniz
Link        Load        Save        Unlink      inetd       MDir

And this is from the /t2 screen of my default dw enabled boot floppy.

> Right now I my CF image I has CoGRF and CoVDG and all the drivers
> needed for sierra games, don't remember their names. I don't and don't
> want to use multivue.

Neither do I.  Does CoGRF support the mouse?  If not, then we also need a
dummy placeholder joydrv because VTIO won't boot without finding it.  That
would save about 3 pages of memory right there, freeing that db9 on my
stacked rs232 pack for other serial usages, becoming a /t3 port. :)
> That is my very short experience in making level2 boots :)

:)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
		-- Ernest Rutherford