[Coco] Xilinx ISE Assigning Signals to Specific Pins

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 17 07:58:32 EDT 2012

On 17/10/2012 10:39 PM, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:

> Depending on which version of Webpack you have, there is a graphical tool
> that allows you to assign the pins. I'll have a look this evening as I don't
> have webpack on my work machine...

It's got to be one of the most tedious, boring processes involved in
CPLD/FPGA development. The GUI does nothing to make it any less so, either.

A good tip is to assign your pins and compile at least a test design (make
sure no pins are optimised out) *before* you layout your PCB. That helps
eliminate errors like assigning outputs to input-only pins, etc.

Regards,