[Coco] Mamou Documentation Wanted

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Oct 17 03:26:57 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 17 October 2012 03:11:54 Kip Koon did opine:

> Hello Everyone,
>

> Mid-September I went out of town and since I needed an external flat
> screen monitor and an HD TV just to be able to use an old laptop I call
> Limpy, I did not bring it with me.  I kind of like the name "Limpy the
> Laptop". J After coming home 10 days later, my body got ahold of a
> nasty bug and I was a sick koon dog. J As it ends up, I've been off
> list for a number of weeks. Needless to say I'm now going through
> withdrawals from having not read anybody's emails on the cocolist.

Glad you are feeling better.

> I downloaded the toolbox with Mamou assembler, but there are no
> instructions for it.

I assume you meant to write Toolshed.  There is a rather extensive .pdf in
the docs subdir, which when printed, is an excellent reference.

> Does mamou have a make function as the
> cocoroms.zip file contains all the source code for the roms plus a
> makefile.  Up to this point, I have not been able to reassemble the
> original cocoroms source code base with mamou.  Any help is desired.
> Thanks a bunch.

For building something with mamou, here on linux I've added, to my .bashrc
files, the path to /opt/toolshed/bin as the first element of my exported
$PATH, and I also "export NITROS9DIR=/opt/nitros9" w/o the quotes of
course.

I've not built the roms as I have a real coco3, but I'd expect to have to
"export" a variable to define the path to wherever the rom sources are
unpacked.  An inspection of the makefile will usually disclose the name of
this environment variable, which will be enclosed in that file, probably in
this format: ${variablename}/final_path.  The variablename will likely be
ALL CAPS.