[Coco] apparently an incomplete errmsg file

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 16 22:14:49 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 16 October 2012 21:48:29 Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> Take this with a grain of salt as it's been a while...also i'm trying
> to use some ascii art so fixed width will make this look
> normal-er-ishy.
>
> I think you'll have this structure:
>
>         dw3
>       /  |  \
>      /   |   \
>  rbdw3 scdwp scdwn
>
>  /xX..   /p    /nX..
>
> scdwp and scdwn are SCF, rbdw3 is RBF.  All need to talk to dw3 (dw3
> does the actual I/O whether to bitbanger, Becker/Boisy interface, or
> other).
>
> HTH
> -Aaron

First, I need it to be able to open the console as named in the Init file,
according to the boot trace, that is failing.

I looked at the console 'Term' that I am using, which is term_win80.dt, it
claims to be an SCF module using VTIO.

So I moved VTIO to normal memory along with the term_win80.dt.

No change. i2xto*].

So I moved then both into the initial SCF memory block, no change. Still
DIW at i2xto*] .

So, does VTIO need an accessory helper?  I see by a dump of vtio.dr that it
is looking for keydrv,joydrv & snddrv, which are (ATM) all in SCF memory,
then much later I see the strings CoVDG, CoWin & Cogrf.

CoVDG and CoWin are in SCF memory.  I never heard of Cogrf but I do see it
in the modules/scf tree of my mb tree.  It is not in the current, working
L2+dw boot its running right now, so I have to assume its optional.

I need fresh ideas.

One thing of note, the dw gui's printer must have a very fast timeout, this
command line gets me 2 sheets of paper, with perhaps a Nitros9 on the top
line of the first sheet but otherwise blank:

ident -s /d0/os9boot >/p

but

ident -s /d0/os9boot >/d0/ident.list;list /d0/ident.list >/p

works.

I'm about tapped out for tonight, maybe tomorrow the "magic twanger" will
sound. :)

Humm, that phrase may be before AW's time?  Its from a very early black and
white kids show called Howdy Doody Time.  About 63 years ago. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Satellite Safety Tip #14:
	If you see a bright streak in the sky coming at you, duck.