[Coco] apparently an incomplete errmsg file

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Oct 16 19:58:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:20:48 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 October 2012 19:12:23 Gene Heskett did opine:
>
> > Greetings everybody running nitros9;
> >
> > I'm trying to put together a boot floppy for nitros9 level 3.
> >
> > I can get it to go so far as displaying the module list on the boot
> > screen, but it only gets as far as the i2xto*]
> >
> > AIUI, that ] is the error code, and is ascii 93.  Unforch, my errmsg
> > file does not define an error 93, so it would have to be a recent
> > addition.
> >
> > Anybody have a clue what the heck an error 93 actually is?
>
> Doh!  Add $80, get 221, module not found.  Now, if we just had a clue
> WHAT module wasn't found.  Sigh.  That boot contains every module
> that a working right now level2 with dw boot contains, just
> re-arranged to fit the level3 idea of Alan DeKok's layout.
>
> I am wondering if, despite his putting all the scf descriptors into
> normal memory, the dw related stuff needs to be in the scf memory.
> Next test I guess...
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>

> Cheers, Gene

Gene:

	According to the boot explaination (attached w/ unix EOLs), It
looks like it can't open the console.

i means is about to link to the Init module
2 means krnp2 has started
x means it is about to chd to the system device
(t is printed because F$Boot was called again)
o means it is about to open the console
* means an error occured (in this case, couldn't open the console)

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft