[Coco] 28pin AT29c256 in a coco2?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Oct 15 09:27:07 EDT 2012

On 14 Oct 2012 at 22:43, chris wrote:

> The Atmel AT29c256-90PI chips are all over ebay for cheap. Can I use
> these in a CoCo2 with out doing any hardware hacking?

Be careful of pinouts is about the only thing that I can offer. The 29C256 is a 32Kx8 Flash.
Once programmed the CPU sees it as a memory and is not particular as to what type it is.
The speed grade is 90nS so it is far faster than needed on any COCO.

IF the pinouts match what is currently on board then you should have little or no problems.
The voltage ratings are the same so have at it.

james