[Coco] DW4 problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Oct 15 03:45:29 EDT 2012

On Monday 15 October 2012 03:43:37 Tim Fadden did opine:

> Jean,
>
> Just a thought.  I was testing drive wire by doing dsaves of my hard
> drive to a DW disk.  I would get read errors after a while, and drop
> files.  ( about 40 meg worth of data copied) On normal usage, it never
> showed up, just on very long copy usage, like backups. I found that it
> did not like serial cables longer than 3 feet.  I switched to a 3 foot
> serial cable, and a long usb cable to the serial to usb converter, and
> my problems went away.  Just a thought.
>
> Tim Fadden

I'll look in the morning, but I think my cable is probably about that or a
bit less, I cut a shack cable in two & put a db9 on it.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead
armadillos.
		-- Jim Hightower, Texas Agricultural Commissioner