[Coco] DW4 problems

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:53:50 EDT 2012

I seem to be getting a lot of time outs using DW4, which cause ERROR 245 on the coco end. Here's some lines from the log:

Sat Oct 13 2012 17:36:09.250  WARN   DWProtocolHandler   dwproto-0-10        Timed out reading from CoCo in OP_WRITE
Sat Oct 13 2012 17:36:09.250  WARN   DWProtocolHandler   dwproto-0-10        OP_WRITE took 235ms.  Server loaded or low on ram?

DW4 is being run on an Intel P4 2.8GHz with 2GB ram. Besides the usual clutter running in a windows background (AVG etc) the only application running is Outlook Express, set to grab emails every 10 mins.

The connection is like this:

Coco <--> ATEN USB dongle <--> 8-port powered USB hub <--> USB2 Port on PC.

The CRC of DW is $5136C3

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

PS: I sent a more extended bug report via the DW4 UI to wherever that ends up.