[Coco] Colorful_Sled_6ed PDF

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Oct 12 15:00:43 EDT 2012

On Friday 12 October 2012 14:45:45 Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

> Hi,
>
> Here is the zip of "SLED Card ED6.pdf"
>
> Please let me know if you cannot print it.
>
> After twenty years I had to reset to close Sled until I printed it
> again.
>
> SHF

And I'm somewhere between a rock and a hard place here.  Because linux
doesn't like spaces in filenames, I saved that with underscores in place of
the spaces, which is legal.  Then I used mc to put it in Genes-os9-stf &
chowned it so the web server could see it and folks could grab it from
there.

Then security got in my face, and wouldn't let me even run acroread as
root, and evince, even when run as root, would not allow me to open that
file.

I had to chown that whole directory tree to be owned by me long enough to
load it up into arcoread & print it, then chown that whole tree back to
where the web server could see it.

Security is getting entirely too damned paranoid IMNSHO.

Now, to the rifle range.  I'll resume trying to get sled itself into the
coco's filesystem later.  Right now I am plumb out of patience with the
whole permissions thing.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
		-- Thomas Jefferson