[Coco] How to get time in DW4

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 09:00:51 EDT 2012

Aaron, I've noticed the same time problem as Bob. If you wait just a minute or so, it gets corrected. It seems the time isn't being set at boot but is being set on the 60 sec interval. A lot of times, I'm rebooting from a crash while testing a new "C" compile and do a "make" right after I boot before the time gets reset and I get all kinds of weird times after "touch" sees a date much older than the last compile. I usually have to wait about a min, then everything is fine.

I think part of the problem is having the "date" command in the "startup" file. I think it's reading the time before OS9 has a chance to to reset it from the DW time signal. I was "sortta" investigating into this at one time due to OS9's clock loosing time on disk access untill DW's 60 sec interval resets it.

 The reason I was looking into it was that I was thinking of using the DW clock signal as a Midi timer (when DW is present) and it would give Midi a much more accurate clock. Of course any program using this would have to make a DW check and revert back to the old clock if there is no DW.

I found the clock request info in theDW spec. It seem $23 is the request code.

Can this be sent "raw" through "/N" ?  I know there would have to be code to interpret the return values which should be:

Byte 1: Current year minus 1900
Byte 2: Month
Byte 3: Day
Byte 4: Hour
Byte 5: Minute
Byte 6: Second.

With this, info, a "Time" request command could be written as I didn't see any such command in the "DW" or "UI" command lists.
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com