[Coco] [COCO] Raspberry PI and CoCo Cart

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Sun Oct 7 01:53:53 EDT 2012

Well my idea at this time was to reproduce the Boisy Interface/Becker
port so we could have faster access to the DW4 functions and future
features.

I figured using a parallel format would reduce the need for serial and
using two FIFO chips would make it more simple to attempt to sync info
between the CoCo and the Pi.

Plus having the DW becker driver for OS-9 would make it a lot easier
to get it up and running.

Right now the only draw back I saw was that HDBDOS hadn't been updated
to also support the port on the CoCo3FPGA project.

I am not discounting any ideas anyone has given.  I was just hoping to
get a less CPU intensive and faster data access to the DW4 server.  I
figured this might get that done and also keep it on par with what was
already created thus far.

Plus getting more people excited about creating interfacing projects
is always a good thing :D