[Coco] 128K CoCo 3 is DOA D:

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 6 10:07:54 EDT 2012

On Saturday 06 October 2012 09:56:31 Retro Canada did opine:

> juan its a 512 ram coco. check the ram chips first. the gime is a hard
> chip to remove. if you do so remember its orientation since there are
> no marks.

But it is so marked!  Please note there is one beveled corner, both on the
chip and the socket frame.

But all this noise about removing the chip should be coming accompanied by
the phrase

 "using a PLCC puller"!

It is very dangerous to the socket frame to attempt to pry it out, 99% of
the time you WILL crack the frame, and there goes the majority of the
sockets contact pressure between the chip and the socket.  The pullers are
about a tenner in USD & that the shack did carry them at one time.
Otherwise people like Jameco or Digi-Key have them.